Saint Tropez And Port Grimaud...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van TourExplore > France > Villefranche > Saint Tropez And Port Grimaud...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van Tour
Spend a wonderful day exploring Saint Tropez and Port Grimaud.
If you have a problem with those crowded, big bus tours operated by the cruise lines and you're a little thrifty, here's the perfect tour for you. Visit the best of the French Riviera along with a few others in a very comfortable van driven by an experienced, personable driver for just about what the big bus tours cost. And since it's a ShoreTrips tour, you know it's first class!
Sit back and relax as your knowledgeable guide relates the interesting history and high-end culture of these two captivating towns.
Driving along the “Esterel,” the beautiful red rock, you'll come to Port Grimaud (nicknamed "Little Venice"), a Mediterranean yachting and fishing village on the north shore of Saint Tropez's bay. Filled with luxury housing, tiny bridges, squares, and canals, this extraordinary architectural experiment was the idea of Alsatian architect François Spoerry. He wanted to create a completely new Venetian-style lagoon village where each house had its own personal boat parking space.
Upon reaching the picturesque fishing village of Saint Tropez, you'll fall under the spell of one of the best-known resorts in Europe, famous for its harbor, beaches, and the Place des Lys, where journalists, photographers, artists, and celebrities all meet.
Here you'll have free time for lunch. Your guide will be happy to suggest a few places that are sure to please.
Saint Tropez has had a varied history. It was a 15th-century military stronghold, an unassuming fishing village at the beginning of the 20th century, and the first town on this coast to be liberated during World War II. Today it is known for its famous and extremely wealthy summertime guests and has been dubbed the "playground to jetsetters, fashion models, and millionaires."
- Lunch in Saint Tropez is not included in the price of this tour.
- Please keep in mind that this is a shared tour. It is not private. The tour operator must maintain his schedule for a fair and successful day for all.
- There is a minimum of 2 people needed for this tour to operate.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 8 guests.
- Please note that the order or structure of this itinerary may change due to outside circumstances. You will still have a wonderful experience!
- This is a shared tour. It may make a stop or two in some of the visited cities or villages to pick up passengers but that will not affect the tour itself.
- We cannot refund you if you are late for this excursion due to tendering. You must arrange the tender ticket/reservation on board your ship prior to the trip date.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair or scooter or if you have mobility problems you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment.
Days offered: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday