Nice City Tour...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van TourExplore > France > Villefranche > Nice City Tour...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van Tour
Drive along the famous Promenade des Anglais, taking in all the best parts of Nice.
Our initial meeting with this guide service was our first meeting in Nice and we wanted to be objective and reserve judgment until we got through our many appointments, but who wouldn't like these guys! They are professional, organized, fun, and it was obvious to us that they enjoy their work as much as we love ours. We waited, though, to be fair and then, at the right time, we let them know we loved 'em.
Travel to Nice--the capital of the French Riviera--along the coastal road, passing by the beautiful bay of Villefranche, St. Jean Cap Ferrat, and more. Arriving in Nice, you will drive along on the Promenade des Anglais--a curving 4.3 mile palm-lined seaside boulevard perched just above the rocky beach.
Your tour of Nice begins at Castle Hill where you will take in some amazing sites: the ruins of the castle, lush gardens where people come to relax on a beautiful day, and the gorgeous waterfall from where you will enjoy the most dazzling views of Nice.
Next you are on to Cimiez, a chic northern suburb where considerable Roman remains are located. Pass in front of the Regina--Queen Victoria's Winter House--and stop at the ruin of the Roman arena, dating all the way back to the 1st century. Of course, no trip to the Cimiez quarter would be complete without a visit to the 17th century Franciscan Monastery, which sits high above the town's center. And don't miss the gardens, in which there is an ancient sundial where, if you stand in the correct spot, your shadow will give you the correct time.
Make a stop in front of the Russian Orthodox Church, which is a copy of the one in Moscow, Russia. Built by Tsar Nicolas in 1912, the Cathedral contains superb treasures of icons, woodwork, and frescoes, and was the first to be designated a Russian Orthodox Cathedral outside Russia.
Finally, head to the heart of Nice: the Old Town and (in the morning) the Cours Saleya, or Flower Market. The daily morning flower market offers much more than just flowers, including plants, fresh fruit, vegetables, deli foods, bread, cacti, olives, and more.
- Please keep in mind that this is a shared tour. It is not private. The tour operator must maintain his schedule for a fair and successful day for all.
- A minimum of 2 people is needed to operate this tour.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 8 guests per vehicle.
- Please note that the order or structure of this itinerary may change due to outside circumstances. You will still have a wonderful experience!
- This is a shared tour. It may make a stop or two in some of the visited cities or villages to pick up passengers but that will not affect the tour itself.
- We cannot refund you if you are late for this excursion due to tendering. You must arrange the tender ticket/reservation on board your ship prior to the trip date.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair or scooter or if you have mobility problems you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment.
Days offered: 7 days a week