Best Of The French Riviera...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van TourExplore > France > Cannes > Best Of The French Riviera...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van Tour
Drive along the Moyenne Corniche and enjoy all the beauty that the Cote d'Azur has to offer.
If you have a problem with those crowded, big bus tours operated by the cruise lines and you're a little thrifty, here's the perfect tour for you. Visit the best of the French Riviera along with a few others in a very comfortable van driven by an experienced, personable driver for just about what the big bus tours cost. And since it's a ShoreTrips tour, you know it's first class!
Your adventure begins in Eze, a charming medieval village perched on the top of the mountain, rising high above the sea to give you a fantastic view of the coast. Eze is home to one of the branches of the renowned Fragonard perfumerie. Here you will have the chance to enjoy a guided visit of the factory, as well as the opportunity to shop at the factory store.
Next, continue on to La Turbie, a 1st century BC Roman village well-known as the "Terrace" of Monaco, due to the splendid view it affords of the Principality. In la Turbie, you will drive by the "Trophy" of the alps: a Roman monument built in 7 BC by Emperor Octave Auguste, on the Roman road that connected Italy to Cimiez. This is a sight that you don't want to miss. Now you will drive on to Monte Carlo, enjoying the views that range all the way from the Italian border to Monaco. Take a city tour of Monte Carlo, stopping to take in the sights. Explore the old town on "The Rock": the Prince's Palace with the changing of the guard, the Cathedral, and the Princess Grace Memorial. You will even get a drive around the Grand Prix circuit! And don't miss the Golden Square, where the famous Hotel de Paris, the Casino, the beautiful gardens, and the luxury shops are located. There might be time to enter the Casino, so don't forget to bring your passport!
Continue along on your way to Saint-Paul-de-Vence, a well-known typical medieval village made famous by the actors and artists living there. Certainly one of the most appreciated places on the French Riviera for its atmosphere, you cannot travel to this part of France without a stop in this delightful village.
Finally, head to Cannes for a chance to experience the home of the Cannes Film Festival for yourself. Take a tour of the city, including the old town and some great views. Check out the perpetually busy Croisette Boulevard, the nicest hotels and beaches, and make a stop at the Film Festival Palace. You'll feel like a star as you take a walk up the famous red-carpeted steps!
- This is a shared tour. It may make a stop or two in some of the visited cities or villages to pick up passengers but that will not affect the tour itself.
- There is a minimum of 2 people needed to run this tour.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 8 guests.
- Please note that the order or structure of this itinerary may change due to outside circumstances. You will still have a wonderful experience!
- During your time in Monte Carlo, you will have about 15 minutes in the Golden Square which provides access to 2 casinos. The Casino de Paris which is open all day and the Monte Carlo Casino which is open after 2 PM. You will have time to take photos and play a few coin slots if you are interested. Jackets and ties are only required if you sit down at a card game table, which time isn’t allocated for on this excursion.
- The price of this tour does not include the 10€ entrance fee to the Monte Carlo casino. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT THE CASINO, YOU MUST BRING YOUR PASSPORT.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair or scooter or if you have mobility problems you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment.
Days offered: 7 days a week