Private: Barcelona By Bike - Group TripExplore > Spain > Barcelona > Private: Barcelona By Bike - Group Trip
This private tour of Barcelona on 2 wheels will show you both the old quarter and the maritime area.
With such time constraints on our trip to Spain, I wondered why we were meeting with several biking companies. The reason became apparent at the last meeting, where we found exactly what we were looking for. Of all the bike operators we met, this company runs a real business but you would hardly know that as their tour is so entertaining. Not only will you be entranced with Barcelona during this ride, you will feel safe and comfortable with the realization that the pride of Barcelona is exemplified with the care given by each guide.
You will find your guides are dedicated to two things - Barcelona and biking. In this relaxed mode of transportation, you will be able to see a bit more than the average walking tour and connect with a local who can really give you the inside track on the city. You will be outfitted for a comfortable ride before setting out on one of the most original itineraries of the city.
On this private tour, just you and your group will set out and ride to the Gothic Quarter of old Barcelona. This is the medieval heart of the city dating back to the Romans. The history of this area is fascinating. The old cathedral, mainly 14th and 15th century Gothic, is a central point in this neighborhood. By taking cycling paths, pedestrian zones and park areas, you will travel to the Old Harbour, the Ciutadella Park, a charming and welcome green space in the heart of Barcelona. It has several museums and water displays including a beautiful fountain and small lake along with lots of grassy areas to lie down and soak up the warm sunshine.
La Segrada Familia is another destination at which you will stop. There is no way to describe the ongoing construction of this magnificent, non-traditional cathedral. It was here that Antonio Gaudi found his end. Also stop at La Pedrera, an incredible apartment building - the last example of Gaudi's civil architecture - and one of his finest and most ambitious creations, extraordinarily innovative in its functional, constructive, and ornamental aspects. You will see this and move on to the Olympic Port.
- The starting point of this trip is either a 20-25 minute walk or a 5-10 minute taxi ride (at a cost of $8-10) from the cruise ship pier. Specific directions will appear on your voucher.
- The operator will bring rain gear if necessary. Please wear appropriate clothes for biking.
- Helmets are compulsory in Barcelona for riders up to age 16 and will be provided free of charge. Those older than 16 can rent a helmet on-site for 2,00€.
- This is a private tour.
- This tour can accommodate a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12. Please contact ShoreTrips if you have more than 12 in your group.
- This tour is not available on Dec. 25 and 26, or Jan. 1.
Days offered: 7 days a week