It's a great tour for those with limited mobility.
This tour will provide you with a wonderful exploration of Jerusalem. It's best for elderly clients or those that have difficulty walking.
Included in this tour:
- Private vehicle
- Licensed English speaking driver/guide
You will have the opportunity to see:*
- Mount of Olives
- Panoramic view of the Old City & New City
- Jewish Quarter
- Herodian Mansions Not accessible to wheel chairs
- Christian Quarter
- Yad Vashem
We'll begin this day of sightseeing by picking you up at the Ashdod pier. We will then make our way to one of the best panoramic viewing points in all of Jerusalem, the Mount of Olives.
Depending on your mobility, we could enter the Old City through one of the gates and walk (please review "special instructions") through the Old City, the axis around which the three great monotheistic religions revolve to see the Christian and reconstructed Jewish quarter. We can also adapt this portion of the tour for driving by other sites.
Tour the Jewish Quarter that was reconstructed after the city was unified at the conclusion of the Six-Day War in 1967. Walk along the restored Jewish Quarter to the "Cardo," meaning "heart" of this ancient Byzantine street .
Next, we might want to visit the excavations of the Herodian Mansions, located beneath the present day Jewish Quarter, showing how the high priests and wealthy Jerusalemites of old lived.
Then we will drive through the new city and pass city highlights like the High Court of Justice, the Israeli Museum, and the Israeli Parliament (Knesset).
We will then end the day with a visit at Yad Vashem, the memorial to the six million innocent victims of the Holocaust.
- *You and your driver/guide will decide "how much" you can walk and see. Some of these sites will be better seen on foot, but we are able to adapt the tour to your physical needs.
- If you walk with a cane or travel in a collapsible wheelchair, please call ShoreTrips to make your reservation. Mention your mobility at the time of the booking, so we can notify the tour operator.
- This tour cannot accomodate motorized scooters. Only collapsible wheelchairs and/or canes and walkers.
- We will always opt to avoid bad traffic and crowds. Please note that this itinerary is subject to change. Any changes to the itinerary are always done with your best interest in mind.
- Lunch, beverages, entrance fees, gratuities are not included.
- Modest dress is mandatory. Wearing revealing clothing such as sleeveless shirts, shorts or skirts above the knee will result in you not being allowed entry into religious buildings.
- Yad Vashem is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and all Jewish Holidays.
- Please note: Jewish sites may close early on Fridays and will be closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays. If your tour is on a Saturday, the Jewish sites will be substituted with other sites.
Attention clients: You must carry your passport with you on this tour. You will not be able to enter certain sites if you do not have your passport.
Days offered: 7 days a week