A classic tour of Jerursalem with a Muslim focus.
Included in this tour:
- Private vehicle
- Licensed English speaking driver/guide
You will have the opportunity to see:
- Mount of Olives or City of David
- Panoramic view of city
- Muslim Quarter
- Temple Mount and Dome of the Rock
- al-Aqsa Mosque area
We'll begin this day of sightseeing by picking you up at the Ashdod pier. We will then make our way to one of the best panoramic viewing points in all of Jerusalem.
Next, we will go to the Muslim Quarter. The Muslim Quarter is one of the four quarters of the ancient, walled Old City of Jerusalem. It covers 76 acres of the northeastern sector of the Old City. The quarter is the largest and most populous and extends from the Lions' Gate in the east, along the northern wall of the Temple Mount in the south, to the Damascus Gate.
You will also see the Temple Mount and Dome of the Rock. Among Muslims, the Mount is widely considered to be the third holiest site in Islam. Revered as the Noble Sanctuary and the destination of Muhammad's journey to Jerusalem and ascent to heaven, the site is also associated with Jewish biblical prophets who are also venerated in Islam. The al-Aqsa Mosque and Dome of the Rock, the oldest extant Islamic structure in the world, currently stand on the site.
- We will always opt to avoid bad traffic and crowds. Please note that this itinerary is subject to change. Any changes to the itinerary are always done with your best interest in mind.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as portions of this tour involve walking.
- Lunch, beverages, entrance fees, gratuities are not included.
- Please note: Jewish sites may close early on Fridays and will be closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays. If your tour is on a Saturday, the Jewish sites will be substituted with other sites.
- Modest dress is mandatory. Wearing revealing clothing such as sleeveless shirts, shorts or skirts above the knee will result in you not being allowed entry into religious buildings.
Attention clients: You must carry your passport with you on this tour. You will not be able to enter certain sites if you do not have your passport.
Days offered: 7 days a week