Group Trip--The Vatican & St. Peter's Basilica With Private GuideExplore > Italy > Rome > Group Trip--The Vatican & St. Peter's Basilica With Private Guide
Here's a great way for your group to see the Vatican Museums without waiting in line for tickets!
This is a perfect tour for those who would like an in-depth view of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica.
On this tour, you'll visit some of the most stunning sites in all of Rome: the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica.
Please Note: Your exact itinerary for the day is dependent on the time that your Vatican tickets are arranged for. That time will be determined after the tour is confirmed.
The Vatican Museums contain masterpieces of painting, sculpture, and other works of art collected by the popes through the centuries. The Museums include several monumental works of art, such as Raphael's Rooms and the Sistine Chapel, among others.
Museums typically included in this tour include the Cortile della Pigna; Belvedere Palace (Pio-Clementine Museum); Galleries of the Candelabra, of Tapestries, and of Maps; and Raphael's Rooms. Due to the way that traffic inside the museums is regulated, certain portions may occasionally be closed off, so please note that the itinerary may change from time to time.
Located within these museums is the incomparable Sistine Chapel. Built in the second half of the 15th century, the chapel boasts a ceiling that is adorned by magnificent frescoes. Painstakingly painted by Michelangelo over the course of four years, the ceiling depicts scenes from the Book of Genesis, the Creation, and much more, including over 300 painted figures!
As you exit the museums and enter Vatican Square, you'll arrive at St. Peter's Basilica. The most visited Basilica in the world, the dome was designed by Michelangelo, who worked on the construction of the basilica beginning in 1547.
After you've completed your tour of the Basilica, you'll be taken back to your hotel.
- The price of this tour includes a private vehicle and driver for 4 hours, and a private guide for 3 hours at the Vatican. It does not include any admissions, food, beverages, or gratuities.
- This tour will pre-reserve tickets to the Vatican, which will avoid having to wait in line. Upon arrival at the Vatican, you'll meet up with your guide, who will have your entrance tickets in hand. The guide will collect the cost of the entrance tickets, which is 32€ per person (25€ for anyone between the ages of 6-18 and free for those 5 and under). This must be paid in Euros. Credit cards are not accepted. Your tour time is subject to availability at the time of your reservation.
- A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tops, skirts above the knee, or revealing clothing.
- You will spend about two hours between the Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- The pre-reserved tickets are non-refundable.
- Please be aware we will confirm your tour in order to secure a car and driver for your excursion. This does not mean the Vatican portion of your tour is confirmed. If, for any reason, we are unable to confirm the pre-reserved Vatican portion of your tour, we will contact you as soon as we are notified and let you know of any available alternatives.
- THIS TOUR MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE TO ENSURE YOU WILL HAVE YOUR PRE-RESERVED VATICAN TICKETS.
- This tour is not available on Sundays, as the Vatican Museums are closed.
- Additionally, in 2019, The Vatican will be closed on January 1, February 11, March 19, April 22, May 1, June 29, August 14 & 15, November 1, and December 8, 25, & 26.
- Please note that on the first Sunday of each month many tourist sites in Italy have free admission. This can often result in long lines. If you are staying at a hotel, it may be beneficial to avoid booking a tour involving inside visits to major attractions on these days. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- Modest dress is required in all Italian churches. If you expect to enter a church during your tour, please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tops, skirts above the knee, or revealing clothing. If preferred, you may wear a shawl to cover your shoulders. This applies to children as well.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday