A private vehicle to take you to Rome, stay with you all day, and then bring you back to the ship.
You will be picked up at the cruise ship pier by your private driver and vehicle.
Your tour begins with the Ancient Rome of Emperors: Capitoline Hill, the famous Colosseum (from the outside), Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus, the Thermal Baths of Caracalla, Ancient Appian Way, the Catacombs, the Pantheon, and Aula Ottagona.
There is also the Renaissance and Baroque Rome of Popes, including the Trevi Fountain, the beautiful Spanish Steps, St. Peter in Chains, Navona Square, Farnese Square, Janiculum Hill, and, of course, St. Peter's Basilica.
St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican will be our final stop, but remember that there are days when its entrance is blocked. We may have to substitute a site when that happens.
- The price of this tour includes a private vehicle and a wonderful English-speaking driver for the day. Your driver can tell you whatever you want to know about the city, but is not a licensed guide and cannot take you into sites.
- Admissions, food, beverages, and gratuities are not included in the tour price.
- There is a per person entrance fee of 14€ for the Colosseum/Palatine Hill.
- A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, tank tops, or revealing clothing. You may be asked to check large bags, backpacks, and video cameras.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you have more than 12 people in your party.
- Please note that on the first Sunday of each month many tourist sites in Italy have free admission. This can often result in long lines. If you are staying at a hotel, it may be beneficial to avoid booking a tour involving inside visits to major attractions on these days. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- You are not able to visit the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums without a pre-reserved entrance. Please book THE VATICAN AND ROME WITH PRE-RESERVED TOUR for this service.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you need a licensed guide while in Rome. A minimum of 3 hours is required. They may be used for Colosseum, Roman Forum, etc.
Days offered: 7 days a week