Highlights Of Rome...A Premium Shared Van TourExplore > Italy > Rome > Highlights Of Rome...A Premium Shared Van Tour
Escape the big bus tours. Maximum participants 8. Great way to see Rome comfortably.
You will be picked up at the cruise ship pier by your driver and vehicle.
ShoreTrips' PREMIUM shared van tours are a perfect choice if you are looking for a deluxe tour that's economical but without the crowds of a big bus.
We will confirm your reservation when we have at least 4 passengers booked. You will be notified about two weeks prior to the start of the cruise with options of more expensive private trips if we are not able to run the shared tour.
Your tour begins with the Ancient Rome of Emperors: Capitoline Hill, the famous Colosseum (from the outside), Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus, the Thermal Baths of Caracalla, Ancient Appian Way, the Catacombs, the Pantheon, and Aula Ottagona.
There is also the Renaissance and Baroque Rome of Popes, including the Trevi Fountain, the beautiful Spanish Steps, St. Peter in Chains, Navona Square, Farnese Square, Janiculum Hill, and, of course, St. Peter's Basilica.
St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican will be our final stop, but remember that there are days when its entrance is blocked. We may have to substitute a site when that happens.
- The price of this tour includes a vehicle and a wonderful English-speaking driver for the day. Your driver can tell you everything you want to know about the city, but is not a licensed guide and cannot take you into sites. Admissions, food, beverages, or gratuities are not included in the tour price.
- A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, tank tops, or revealing clothing. You may be asked to check large bags, backpacks, and video cameras.
- You are not able to visit the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums without a pre-reserved entrance. Please book THE VATICAN AND ROME WITH PRE-RESERVED TOUR for this service.
- Each van holds a maximum of 8 passengers.
- We will confirm your reservation when we have at least 4 passengers booked.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair or scooter or if you have mobility problems you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment.
- Please note that on the first Sunday of each month many tourist sites in Italy have free admission. This can often result in long lines. If you are staying at a hotel, it may be beneficial to avoid booking a tour involving inside visits to major attractions on these days. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
Days offered: 7 days a week