Cairo Overnight Interlude - Port Said To Port SaidExplore > Egypt > Port Said > Cairo Overnight Interlude - Port Said To Port Said
Pick up is in Port Said on Day 1. Drop off is also in Port Said on Day 2.
This is the best all-encompassing tour of Cairo. See the pyramids, Citadel and Mosque of Mohamed Ali. You will also be able to sample local cuisine and have some time for shopping. Stay overnight in a lovely hotel. We have included your room priced for double occupancy, all transfers, guide services and lunch on both days, breakfast on day 2. Dinner is not included. Entrance fees not included.
At about 7am, you will meet your representative in Port Said. He will escort you to meet our Egyptology guide and board your transportation for the day.
During the trip from Port Said to Cairo you will have a briefing about Egypt's history and hear the itinerary for the day. You will also be able to enjoy a biscuit, mineral water and soft drinks while onboard.
At about 10am we will arrive in Cairo and visit the Pyramids, Sakkara, Memphis sites.
Memphis is the oldest capital of Egypt, was built by King Menes, and is 24 kilometers southwest of Cairo. The colossal statue of Ramses II is exhibited in the museum. This is the most beautiful representation of Ramses II.
Sakkara is the oldest Ancient Egyptian cemetery. It lies on a desert plateau, southwest of Cairo. Above rises the Step-Pyramid and mortuary compound, built by an engineer for King Zoser.
Lunch: Set-Menu Lunch will be served at local restaurant.
Next, tour of the great Pyramids of Giza. The only present day survivors of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, they are among the world’s greatest tourist attractions and never lose their ability to inspire and overwhelm visitors.
Following this, you will enter the temple of the mysterious Sphinx, an ancient figure shrouded in legend and mystery. Your Egyptologist will enthrall you with the tales told of this fascinating figure.
Transfer back to hotel.
You will then stay overnight in the Inter Continental Pyramids Hotel or a similar alternative on your overnight in Cairo.
Begin this day with a nice buffet breakfast at your hotel and do check out.
At about 8:30 am you will meet your guide in the hotel lobby and start your guided tour to visit the Citadel and Mosque of Mohamed Ali and the Museum.
Your Egyptologist guide will guide you on a fascinating tour to the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. The Museum houses the world’s greatest collection of Ancient Egyptian artifacts, including 12 rooms filled with golden treasures from the world famous tomb of the boy King Tutankhamen.
Next, enjoy a set-menu lunch at a local restaurant.
Take a fascinating tour of Islamic Cairo, including the beautiful and graceful Mohamed Ali Mosque and the ancient Citadel, a spectacular medieval fortress perched on a hill above the city.
Originally built by Salah El-Din in 1176 to fortify the city against the Crusaders, the Citadel was modified and enlarged over the centuries by subsequent rulers and today is a complex of three mosques and four museums.
At about 4pm, we will drive back to Port Said.
- We have included your room priced for double occupancy, all transfers, guide services and lunch on both days, breakfast on day 2. Dinner is not included.
- If you have an odd number of people in your group, you must purchase the single supplement as well since the rooms are based on double occupancy.
- Not included in the price: drinks during the meals, entrance fees (Mummy Room ($14.00), entrance into Inside Pyramids ($26.50) and Egyptian Museum (approx. $11)).
- Gratuity not included.
- There may be extra optional charges to enter certain portions of museums and also to use cameras and video cameras and those may be paid upon arrival.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered while visiting the mosques. You will also be asked to remove your shoes; we suggest you wear socks or bring a footcover during this time.
- Please note: It's possible that the order in which you see the sites listed in the trip description will change. You will see everything mentioned, but possibly in a different order.
- If you wish to book the Light Show or a Camel Ride at the Pyramids, contact ShoreTrips for more information.
- You must be able to walk 3 miles of flat yet uneven terrain. The order of the tour may change but all the described stops will be included.
- Please contact ShoreTrips if you are booking between the dates of December 20-January 5. An extra charge is involved.
- Special advisory: The tour provider of this excursion has a cancellation policy which is more strict than ShoreTrips. You will not receive a full refund if within one week prior (or less) to your excursion start date you are prevented from arriving in port in a timely basis due to a change in your ship or plane's itinerary. If your cruise ship is unable to dock, there is a 50% cancellation fee for this overnight package. You may; however, cancel your ShoreTrips booking and receive a full refund up to 15 days before the actual date of your ShoreTrip. We recommend that you purchase trip insurance and add this overnight package to your policy.
Days offered: 7 days a week