Cairo Overnight Interlude - Port Said To AlexandriaExplore > Egypt > Port Said > Cairo Overnight Interlude - Port Said To Alexandria
Pick up is in Port Said on Day 1. Drop off is in Alexandria on Day 2.
This is the best all encompassing tour of Cairo. Enjoy a visit of the Citadel and Mosque of Mohamed Ali. See the pyramids and Sphinx. Enjoy a night at a nice hotel, too. We have included your room priced for double occupancy, all transfers, guide services and lunch on both days, breakfast on day 2. Dinner is not included. Entrance fees not included.
At about 7am you will meet your representative at Port Said and be escorted to your transportation where you will meet your Egyptology guide.
During the trip from Port Said to Cairo you will have a briefing about Egypt's history and the itinerary for the day. Enjoy a biscuit, mineral water and soft drinks onboard.
At about 10am, we will arrive in Cairo and visit the Citadel and Mosque of Mohamed Ali and the Egyptian Museum.
Your Egyptologist guide will take you on a fascinating tour of the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. The Museum houses the world’s greatest collection of Ancient Egyptian artifacts, including 12 rooms filled with golden treasures from the world famous tomb of the boy King Tutankhamen.
Next, get to know Islamic Cairo, including the beautiful and graceful Mohamed Ali Mosque and the ancient Citadel, a spectacular medieval fortress perched on a hill above the city.
Originally built by Salah El-Din in 1176 to fortify the city against the Crusaders, the Citadel was modified and enlarged over the centuries by subsequent rulers and today is a complex of three mosques and four museums.
For lunch, you will be served a wonderful set menu lunch at Naguib Mahfouz restaurant.
After lunch, we're off to the Khan El-Khalili Bazaar, the largest bazaar in the Middle East. Originally founded as a watering stop for caravanserai in the 14th century, the bazaar has now grown to vast proportions. Through the narrow streets you will find workshops and stalls selling all manner of things from woodwork, glassware and leather goods to perfumes, fabrics and Pharaonic curiosities.
Next, enter the temple of the mysterious Sphinx, an ancient figure shrouded in legend and mystery. Your Egyptologist will enthrall you with the tales told of this fascinating figure.
Transfer back to hotel where you will stay overnight. The hotel will be the InterContinental Pyramids Hotel or a similar alternative.
Start this day with a buffet breakfast at your hotel and complete check out. Meet your Egyptologist guide in the hotel lobby and start your guided tour to visit Memphis, Sakkara & Pyramids.
Memphis is the oldest capital of Egypt, was built by King Menes, and lays 24 kms southwest of Cairo. The colossal statue of Ramses II is exhibited in the museum. This is the most beautiful representation of Ramses II.
Sakkara is the oldest Ancient Egyptian cemetery. It lies on a desert plateau, southwest of Cairo. Above rises the Step-Pyramid and mortuary compound, built by an engineer for King Zoser.
Lunch is a set-menu lunch that will be served at local restaurant.
Finally, you will take an unforgettable tour of the great Pyramids of Giza. The only present day survivors of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, they are among the world’s greatest tourist attractions and never lose their ability to inspire and overwhelm visitors.
At about 4pm, we will end our tour and drive back to Alexandria port.
- We have included your room priced for double occupancy, all transfers, guide services and lunch on both days, breakfast on day 2. Dinner is not included.
- If you have an odd number of people in your group, you must purchase the single supplement as well since the rooms are based on double occupancy.
- Not included in the price: drinks during the meals, entrance fees (Mummy Room ($14.00), entrance into Inside Pyramids ($26.50) and Egyptian Museum (approx. $11)).
- Gratuity not included.
- There may be extra optional charges to enter certain portions of museums and also to use cameras and video cameras and those may be paid upon arrival.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered while visiting the mosques. You will also be asked to remove your shoes; we suggest you wear socks or bring a footcover during this time.
- Please note: It's possible that the order in which you see the sites listed in the trip description will change. You will see everything mentioned, but possibly in a different order.
- If you wish to book the Light Show or a Camel Ride at the Pyramids, contact ShoreTrips for more information.
- You must be able to walk 3 miles on flat, yet uneven terrain. The order of the tour may change but all the described stops will be included.
- Please contact ShoreTrips if you are booking between the dates of December 20-January 5. An extra charge is involved.
- Special advisory: The tour provider of this excursion has a cancellation policy which is more strict than ShoreTrips. You will not receive a full refund if within one week prior (or less) to your excursion start date you are prevented from arriving in port in a timely basis due to a change in your ship or plane's itinerary. If your cruise ship is unable to dock, there is a 50% cancellation fee for this overnight package. You may; however, cancel your ShoreTrips booking and receive a full refund up to 15 days before the actual date of your ShoreTrip. We recommend that you purchase trip insurance and add this overnight package to your policy.
Days offered: 7 days a week