Journey back in time to Egypt's most famous sites- Pyramids , Sphinx , Memphis and Sakkara
"When we find something new at Giza, we announce it to the world. The Sphinx and the Pyramids are world treasures. We are the guardian's of these treasures, but they belong to the world".
- Zahi Hawass (Egyptian archaeologist and Egyptologist and the current Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities).
This Tour Includes:
- Round trip transportation
- Guide in Cairo
- Pyramids - can explore interior of one pyramid
- Visit Egyptian Museum - tomb artifacts of King Tut (if arranged) OR visit Sakkara
- Delicious lunch!
Introducing.... one of the seven wonders of the Ancient World!
Set out on this emotionally charged, amazing, life-changing opportunity to see the Great Pyramids of Egypt! It is one of those things that belongs on your "must-see in my lifetime" list!
Begin your day by visiting the Pyramids and Sphinx, Egypt's most famous monuments. The Great Pyramids are among the largest constructions ever built by man, and it is believed that they were constructed as burial monuments for Egyptian Royalty. The largest, the Great Pyramid of Cheops, was completed around 2500 BC, and is built of 2,300,000 limestone blocks weighing 2.5 tons each. Also view the Pyramids of Chephren or Mycerinus. If you wish, you can even explore the interior of one of these pyramids. We highly recommend it.
You'll also visit the Sphinx, the large half-human statue that you will find reclining just east of the Pyramid of Chephren. The Sphinx is one of the largest single-stone statues on Earth. Many facts about the Sphinx are still debated, such as exactly when it was built, by whom, and who the real-life model for the face was. There are many differing theories, sometimes referred to as the "Riddle of the Sphinx" (not be confused with the original Greek legend of the same name!).
Later in the day, we will see the ancient sites of Memphis (the old capital of Egypt) and Sakkara, where you will see the oldest pyramid ever built!
Lunch is included and at a nice, local restaurant.
Note: Please inquire in advance if you are interested in incorporating a visit to the Egyptian Museum into your trip. We recommend that you bring a good book or your mp3 player for the drive. It is approximately 2.5 hours each way.
- If it is cold outside, please wear heavy, warm clothing. Please also wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Drinks during the meals are not included.
- Entrance fees are not included. If you want to go inside the Mummy Room or inside the Pyramids you must pay an entrance fee of $14 for the Mummy Room and $26.50 for the Pyramids. If you go to the Egyptian museum, it's approximately $11 US per person.
- If you want to go to the Egyptian Museum, please request ahead of time and know that your itinerary will change. You will be able to see the Pyramids and the Museum, but not the other sites.
- Photography is prohibited inside the Pyramids.
- Photography is allowed in the open area at the Pyramids. Collapsible wheelchairs ok (storage on bus available); however, there are no ramps at the stops nor a lift for power wheelchairs.
- Please note: Although the start time of this tour is slightly flexible, most sites in Egypt close at 4:00pm. If your ship arrives after 7:00am, you may not be able to get to every site depending on how long you spend at the previous sites and traffic.
- Please note: It's possible that the order in which you see the sites listed in the trip description will change.
Days offered: 7 days a week