Discovery Of Christian Ephesus - A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van TourExplore > Turkey > Kusadasi > Discovery Of Christian Ephesus - A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van Tour
Escape the crowded, big bus tours by purchasing a seat on our small van excursion.
After meeting up with your guide in front of the Kusadasi port passenger terminal, you will begin your drive out to Ancient Ephesus, just 1/2 hour away.
ShoreTrips' PREMIUM shared van tours are a perfect choice if you are looking for a deluxe tour that's economical but without the crowds of a big bus.
We will confirm your reservation when we have at least 4 passengers booked. You will be notified about two weeks prior to the start of the cruise with options of more expensive private trips if we are not able to run the shared tour.
Your first stop on this fascinating tour is the House of Virgin Mary, a Christian shrine in the vicinity of Ephesus. Some Christians and Muslims believe that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was taken to this stone house by St. John following the crucifixion of Jesus. Roman Catholics believe that she lived there until her assumption into heaven. Other denominations of Christians recognize this spot as her burial place.
Now continue on to the ancient city of Ephesus, one of the most magnificent and best preserved sites of Roman history in the world. Ephesus was once the capital of Asia Minor, and it is here that St. Paul spent two years teaching Christianity. Tour the ancient town, visiting the Fountain of Trajan, Temple of Hadrian, Celsus Library, the Marble Road, and the Roman theater that is mentioned in the Acts of Apostles.
After lunch, you'll visit the Basilica of St. John and see the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world, which Alexander the Great visited while it was being constructed in 335 B.C.
- The price of this tour includes round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier, a driver and air-conditioned vehicle, an English-speaking guide, entrance and parking fees to all sites, and lunch.
- Please keep in mind that this is a shared tour. It is not private. The tour operator must maintain his schedule for a fair and successful day for all.
- Ephesus gets very crowded and extremely hot in the summer months, so bring plenty of water, sunscreen, and head covers.
- There is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 for this tour.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair, or scooter, or if you have mobility problems, you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment.
Days offered: 7 days a week