Late Afternoon Maui Whale Watch - Sunset Sail - December 15 - April 15Explore > United States > Maui > Late Afternoon Maui Whale Watch - Sunset Sail - December 15 - April 15
Sail through Maui's warm waters, watching for whales with the help of a professional naturalist.
Any month of the year, sailing in Maui's waters is a fantastic experience. This professional and informed crew will help ensure that this will be one of the most memorable days of your trip. During the winter months, Pacific humpback whales are Maui's main attraction.
Each year, over 1,000 Pacific humpback whales migrate from Alaska to the warm waters of the Hawaiian islands. They compete for a mate and birth their young in the warm, shallow waters between Maui, Molokai, and Lanai. Watching these playful 50 foot, 40-ton giants dive, breach, and slap their pecks and tails is an unforgettable experience.
As you sail along, your professional marine naturalist will share intriguing information and up-to-date facts about the whales. Watch for sightings and listen to their unique songs on the boat's hydrophone.
Your tour also includes abundant island-style "pupus" (appetizers) of BBQ chicken, vegetarian summer rolls with sweet Thai chili sauce, island fresh crudités tray with ranch dip, cheese and cracker platter, chips with Salsa Fresca and guacamole. Mai Tais, beer, wine, champagne, and various non-alcoholic beverages are available throughout the tour for you to enjoy during this incredible afternoon out on the water.
- Please allow about 20 minutes for the taxi ride from the cruise ship pier to the tour meeting point. Cab fare is about $16 one way.
- Children under 2 are free.
- Shorts and flip flops are recommended. Your shoes will be locked and stored at the beach so you will be barefoot on the boat.
- You will be entering the boat from the beach and you will likely get wet either at this time, during the tour itself or when you unload so plan accordingly.
- This tour is available December 15th-April 15th.
Days offered: 7 days a week