Bear Viewing...Float Plane Excursion To Traitor's Cove
You'll fly deep into the Alaskan wilderness to see bears in their natural habitat.
This tour takes you to a wonderful location to view hungry black bears gorging themselves on their favorite meal--salmon. Be sure and bring your camera to catch all of the exciting action!
Your air excursion on board our DeHavilland Beaver Seaplane departs Ketchikan and flies a northwesterly course over Southeast Alaska’s brilliant Pacific Ocean and Revillagigedo Island. Your veteran, experienced pilot has unbeatable local knowledge of the beautiful Southeast Alaska landscape and will point out whales, harbor seals, sea lions, eagles, and more that can often be spotted on the way to Traitor's Cove.
Upon arrival at Traitor's Cove, you'll be greeted by a local guide who will give you an explanation of the area and how to view bears without interrupting their daily routine. You'll be driven by van to the observation platform and can often catch a glimpse of black bears along the way.
From the Traitor's Cove Observatory, you'll have a great view of the Margaret Creek Fish Ladder, which has the busiest aquatic thoroughfare during the summer months. Countless steelhead, coho, sockeye and pink salmon thunder upstream over the steps of this legendary fish ladder. Of course, where there are salmon, there are black bears!
This will be an unforgettable adventure from liftoff to landing--and everything in between.
- Please wear comfortable boots and clothing that can get wet or muddy on the trail or during embarking and disembarking the aircraft off the beach.
- We recommend that you dress in layers. The weather changes from mid-50s to mid-80s.
- This tour is offered from July 20-September 30.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people. The maximum for each plane is 6 people.
- Please be patient when awaiting your confirmation. Landing permits and space can be tough to come by. We suggest booking several months beforehand to have the best shot of getting a confirmation.
- You'll be asked to furnish us with the weight of each passenger.
- Bags and backpacks are not allowed on the plane because of flight regulations. They can be left at the tour operator's office and locked in a secure location.
- Please note that this trip is non-refundable 30 days prior to your reservation. No exceptions will be made.
- The pilot will converse as much as possible, though will sometimes be in communication with ground handlers as well as other pilots. Thank you for understanding.
Days offered: 7 days a week