Flightseeing...Combination Misty Fjords Flightseeing And Mini-Fishing TourExplore > United States > Ketchikan > Flightseeing...Combination Misty Fjords Flightseeing And Mini-Fishing Tour
A taste of two great tours, rolled into one.
It's a shame to visit Ketchikan without seeing the Misty Fjords, yet many people also want to try their hand at fishing. This tour is the perfect combination of those two activities.
You'll board a 4-passenger floatplane for a one-hour flight through beautiful vistas of the Misty Fjords National Monument to a seldom fished lake or stream. The plane is equipped with an onboard audio entertainment system that includes ANR (active noise reduction) headsets to block out engine sounds, as well as voice-activated microphones for verbal communication with the pilot and fellow passengers.
Once at the fishing spot, you'll spend about an hour angling for hungry trout. We'll provide a guide, fishing equipment, and license(s).
Although you may want to take back a fish or two for your immediate consumption, the rest of the fish will be released back into the water.
- Guide, transportation, equipment, and fishing license(s) are all included in the cost of the tour.
- This is catch and release fishing.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, be prepared for sun or rain, dress in layers and carry a rain jacket.
- There is a minimum of 2 people needed to operate this tour. The plane has a maximum capacity of 4 people.
- In order to book the child rate, you must book at least 2 adult spaces.
- Please Note: The total combined weight of the passengers cannot exceed 800 pounds. Passengers in the floatplane will be assigned seating based on the distribution of weight and balance of the aircraft. You will need to supply your weights at check-out. Maximum per person weight is 250 lbs. If you have four total passengers, one of those passengers must weigh 150lbs or less in order to meet the balance requirements for this aircraft.
- This tour is only available May 1st-September 30th.
- After purchasing this trip, all passengers, whether they are planning on fishing or not, must provide information for the fishing license. Passengers ages 15 and under do not need fishing licenses. The cost of the fishing license is included in the tour price.
Days offered: 7 days a week