Post-Cruise Anchorage Highlights Tour
Tour Anchorage for the day with pickup at the cruise ship pier or your Downtown Anchorage hotel.
This tour includes:
• Pickup at the Anchorage cruise ship pier or your downtown Anchorage hotel and transfer to airport or your hotel
• Sightseeing tour of Anchorage
• Ship Creek
• Cook Inlet
• Seward Highway, a "National Scenic Highway"
• Potters Marsh
• Aerial tram up Mt. Alyeska
• Roundhouse Museum (top of Mt. Alyeska)
• Lunch (top of Mt. Alyeska)
• Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
• Begich, Boggs Visitor Center at Portage Glacier
You'll start your day in the beautiful city of Anchorage by way of the Port of Anchorage and Ship Creek. You'll see what happened to the land when it broke apart in the 1964 earthquake and slid into the Cook Inlet. Then you're off down the Seward Highway, a "National Scenic Highway," to Potters Marsh for more scenic views and possible eagle sightings.
Next on the agenda is a lunch stop at Alyeska! An aerial tram ride up Mt. Alyeska will take you to your lunch with a view. At the top, your tour guide will show you around and tell you about the area and the exhibits in the Roundhouse Museum. From the viewing decks and Roundhouse at Mt. Alyeska, you can see several glaciers, as well as the Turnagain Arm and the territory you just covered.
After lunch, you'll continue on to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a rescue and rehabilitation organization for injured and orphaned animals. There you'll visit with orphaned grizzly bears, injured eagles, families of elk and bison, and many other Alaskan wild animals. Keep your camera handy. The baby moose and baby musk ox are as cute as buttons!
Finally, you'll visit Begich, Boggs Visitor Center at Portage Glacier. A national park expert will share facts and stories about global warming, local flora and fauna, and the glaciers of the Portage Valley. A film titled "Voices of the Ice," and the center's interactive exhibits will expand your knowledge of the valley's glaciers.
• The price of this tour does not include driver gratuity.
• Sample menu items: battered halibut, beef brisket, crab roll, BBQ pulled pork, fish & chips, Caesar salad, and several kids' meals.
• A minimum of 4 passengers is needed to operate this tour. We will do our best to combine you with other travelers.
• There may be an additional fee for pickup at hotels outside the Downtown Anchorage area.
• If you choose not to participate in the Alyeska Aerial Tram, there is no refund for the aerial tram or the Roundhouse Museum, but lunch will be provided elsewhere.
• PLEASE NOTE: This tour is only available until September 15th every year.
Days offered: 7 days a week