Ice Climbing Adventure...Intro CourseExplore > United States > Anchorage > Ice Climbing Adventure...Intro Course
This tour is perfect for anyone who is looking for a little more adventure than usual.
Our experienced and certified guides are risk management professionals and are available to teach everything from the basics to advanced ice climbing techniques. This is an engaging, fun, and challenging experience in the Alaskan wilderness.
This tour includes:
• An incredible ice climbing adventure!
• All technical ice climbing gear, ice climbing boots, and trekking pole(s)
• Certified ice climbing guide
• Transportation from Girdwood to the trailhead
• Water and a trail snack
Ice climbing on Raven Glacier lends an amazing backdrop to learn or hone your skills. Our AMGA accredited guide service teaches everything from the basics to advanced ice climbing techniques. We'll hike up 2,100 feet and 7 miles round trip on the Crow Pass trail to Raven Glacier, where we'll do our climbing. During our journey, we'll traverse through rugged terrain, which may include a series of rough trails or off-trail talus walking, boulder hopping, or cramponing on ice.
The towering Chugach Mountains, alpine glaciers, an alpine lake, mining ruins, and mountain goats are some of the incredible sights we'll see during our day of discovery!
If you're looking for an adrenaline rush, then this once-in-a-lifetime adventure should prove to be right up your alley.
• Guests should check in 15 minutes prior to the tour's departure time. Total length of tour does not include transfer time to and from Girdwood (1-1.5 hours each way). We suggest that you rent a car. The drive is easy and the scenery is beautiful.
• This tour includes all technical ice climbing gear, ice climbing boots, trekking pole(s), certified ice climbing guide, and transportation from Girdwood to the trailhead.
• Water and a trail snack will be provided.
• Wear comfortable, warm, winter ski clothes (NO COTTON) in layers (thermal top/bottom, fleece jacket, waterproof rain pants, jacket, gloves, winter wool/fleece hat, winter wool socks), and hiking boots/trail shoes.
• Bring a backpack, lunch, and a camera.
• If you would like to purchase this tour as PRIVATE, or would like to participate by yourself, please contact ShoreTrips and we can arrange this for you.
• Please note that this tour operates in all weather conditions.
• This is a fairly strenuous activity. Some hiking experience is recommended.
• There is a minimum of 2 people required for this tour to operate.
• Minimum age is 14.
• This excursion is available from June 1-September 30.
Days offered: 7 days a week