Eco-Adventure + Canopy Zipline Tour!Explore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > Eco-Adventure + Canopy Zipline Tour!
Experience adventure and culture with ziplining, riverboating, shopping, and sightseeing!
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
• Scenic drive
• Canopy zipline
• Wildlife Safari Boat tour
• Visit to Santa Lucia village
• Sightseeing in Puntarenas
You'll feel like Tarzan (or Jane!) as you zip through Costa Rica's canopy. After receiving a safety briefing and getting in to your gear, you'll embark on a 15-minute hike in which you'll cross the Tarcoles River via suspension bridge.
The canopy tour has six cables that go from 180 to 900 feet in length, and four single platforms and three double platforms at a height of 60 feet above ground. This combination of nature and adreneline will make for an unforegettable memory of Costa Rica!
Famous for its large American Crocodiles, the Tarcoles River is the path we'll follow on our Wildlife Safari Boat tour. This custom-built, flat bottom river boat glides along the placid river as your naturalist guide describes the flora and fauna in great detail. After visiting the river mouth, we'll venture up a mature mangrove estuary, where your guide will provide information on this remarkable ecosystem.
As we emerge from the jungle, it's time for a change of pace. Stroll around the lovely shopping village of Santa Lucia. While visiting this quaint replica of a Spanish settlement, you'll be able to purchase special gifts from a vast array of items, including local gourmet coffee. Enjoy complimentary tropical fruits and iced tea during your free time.
As our journey continues, we'll travel down to sea level, where you can admire the green rolling hills covered by pasture lands, colorful homes with large gardens, and a variety of mango plantations.
Before our tour concludes, we'll make a stop in the city of Puntarenas, which means "sandy point" in Spanish. Still used as a commerical fishing port, it's not hard to find fresh seafood like shrimp, lobster, and fish here. Enjoy the view as you walk along Paseo de los Turistas, a tree-lined promenade adjacent to the beach. This is a happening place on the weekends, as people from all over enjoy the popular restaurants, discos, cafes, bars, and hotels that are found here.
• Please wear jeans or long pants and comfortable shoes.
• We recommend that you bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, insect repellent, a backpack to store cameras and other belongings, and a raincoat during the rainy season (September-November).
• This tour operates rain or shine.
• There is a minimum of 2 passengers needed to operate this tour.
• The minimum age for this tour is 9.
• The maximum weight allowed is 300 pounds. Waist must be under 46".
• This canopy tour requires moderate physical activity and is designed for active people who enjoy exercise and the great outdoors.
• This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or those with heart or back problems.
• This tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week