See the world famous Mayan ruins on this reasonably-priced, all-inclusive, full-day tour.
Chichen Itza, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, is a must-see for visitors to the Yucatan Peninsula!
Early in the morning, you'll be picked up at your hotel in a first-class, air-conditioned vehicle and whisked off on your journey to Chichen Itza.
Along the way, you'll pass through the countryside and some of today´s Mayan towns. Your first stop will be at one of the amazing natural wells (cenote) at Sammula or Ik Kil. There you can dive into a refreshing pool and swim in crystal clear waters, soaking in the natural beauty surrounding you (45 min.-1 hour).
Your next stop will be at one of the oldest cities in the Americas, the colonial town of Valladolid, founded in 1543 C.E. This visit offers you the opportunity to observe the traditional Mayan way of life in a fascinating setting.
Before lunch, you'll have a rest stop and opportunity to shop for Mexican handicrafts and then on you’ll go to a delicious restaurant buffet, including salads, soups, chicken, pork, fish, beef, and desserts. (You may purchase drinks at the restaurant, but they are not included in the tour price.)
After lunch, you'll proceed to Chichen Itza. There, you'll be met by a professional, bilingual tour guide, who will explain the highlights of Mayan history and take you to see the most important pyramids, including El Castillo (The Kukulkan Pyramid), the Observatory, the Great Ball Court, and the Temple of the Warriors, among others. You'll have time to visit the Sacred Cenote and wander and take pictures at your leisure. (Approximately 2 hours in Chichen Itza.)
You'll be returned to your hotel at approximately 7 p.m., depending on where you are staying.
- Wear light sportswear, a swimsuit, walking shoes, and a hat.
- We suggest that you bring biodegradable sunscreen, a towel, your camera, and cash for drinks, shopping, and/or tips.
- At all archaeological sites in Mexico, there is an $8-$10 charge for bringing a video camera.
- Minimum age is 5 years old.
- This excursion provides pick up from multiple locations which can cause wait times between tour segments. Regardless, this option provides the best value for tours to Chichen Itza in this region.
Days offered: 7 days a week