Narrated by a knowledgeable tour guide, learn island politics, botany, traditions and more.
Although your tour guide, Sweeney, came from Trinidad in 1965, there is no truer Crucian to be found anywhere. He knows everyone and everything about St. Croix and you'll be glad that you chose to spend the day with him.
You'll capture the real essence of St. Croix with our wonderful guide, who is full of personality and tales of the past. Right at home in his open-air bus, this native of Trinidad will enthrall you with his stories of the Caribbean and this island, which has been his home for almost fifty years.
Experience the island's history, see the sights, view the vistas, explore pristine beaches, and stroll the streets, all through the eyes of a legend.
You'll visit the St. George Village Botanical Garden, featuring over 1,000 varieties of plants; uncover the secrets behind the distilled spirits at the Cruzan Rum Factory; ponder the artifacts at the Neoclassical Whim Plantation Museum; savor a delicious lunch in historic Frederiksted; and relax on a scenic drive through the island's only rain forest.
- If you have more than 8 people in your party, please contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- Food and beverages are not included in the price of this tour. Bring cash for shopping and/or food and beverages.
- Entrance fees, including rum tasting, are included.
- Please wear comfortable shoes. Portions of this tour are on foot.
- You must be 21 years old to participate in the rum tasting.
Days offered: 7 days a week