Pre-Cruise Old And New San Juan Tour & Bacardi Rum FactoryExplore > Puerto Rico > Pre-Cruise Old And New San Juan Tour & Bacardi Rum Factory
This pre-cruise tour combines history and architecture with a visit to the Bacardi Rum Factory.
We are extremely fond of San Juan. Your guide will certainly "make your day" in this exciting city to remember.
Enjoy this delightful tour before embarking on your cruise.
There is a magical quality to San Juan, and Old San Juan is the nucleus. A 465-year-old neighborhood originally conceived as a military stronghold, its seven square block area has evolved into a charming residential and commercial district. The narrow streets of this old walled city are paved with cobblestones and there are more than 400 carefully restored 16th and 17th century Spanish colonial buildings bordering small plazas. Architectural highlights include the Governor's Palace, San Juan Cathedral, the tiny Cristo Chapel, and the impressive San Cristobal Fort.
Your tour also includes a drive along some of the coastline of the metropolitan areas, particularly in the Condado area. This is where the luxury hotels, casinos, nightclubs, and restaurants line the beach and nearby neighborhoods.
A visit to the Bacardi Rum Factory is one of those "must-do" activities when visiting San Juan. During this tour, you'll learn all about the rum making process, as well as the history of rum and the Bacardi family through their representative and a video. Afterward, you'll have the chance to purchase some of their famous products and enjoy two complimentary drinks.
The best part of this tour, however, is meeting your guide, who will share lots of interesting information and hidden gems with you as you explore this fascinating Old World city. If time permits, you can sightsee or shop on your own before returning to your cruise ship or hotel.
- If you are staying at a hotel outside of the San Juan area, extra transportation fees will apply. Please contact ShoreTrips for rates.
- Late departures are frequently requested. Please be advised that the sun sets around 5:30 p.m. in San Juan (depending on the season) and some public buildings are not open.
- If you need a different pick up time, please contact ShoreTrips.
- This tour is not available on Christmas Day.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The $5.00 admission to San Cristobal Fort is not included. It will be collected at the time of the tour, should you decide to visit.
- Due to security issues, the bottling portion of the factory is not part of the tour. A film has been created to show you the process.
- Please note that there are certain holidays and government days in which alcohol cannot be sold in San Juan. The only part of this tour that will be effected is that the free rum tasting will not be provided. You will also not be able to purchase any rum while at Barcardi. The rum factory is still open and the entire tour will be included.
Days offered: 7 days a week