The finest equestrian center in the Caribbean offers a genteel ride along the beach.
This stable was the center of interesting dynamics on our trip to Jamaica. I found them and called just before our flight to St. Lucia. We had a great meeting and actually met one of their frequent riders, a young boy named Kevin.
We headed to the airport and discovered that we had misread our tickets and our flight left 2 hours earlier! The next flight was the next day, so we pushed everything ahead one day, including our return home.
On our flight home, we were separated (last minute booking!) and I sat next to a lady from Chicago with a home in Montego Bay. She loved what we were doing and offered some names of people to call and one was the owner of the stable. She described her son, mentioning how wonderful the stable owners were to him, and I asked if his name was Kevin. YES. How about that for strange coincidences?
This tour includes:
- Services of experienced guides
- 1.5 hour horseback riding adventure
- Option to swim with your horse
- Complimentary return transfer back to the cruise ship pier
- An amazing equestrian experience!
Our equestrian center, operated by one of Jamaica's most celebrated equestrians, offers 28 carefully selected and groomed mounts, experienced trail masters, a polo arena, and jumping arena. The grounds are beautiful and exude the professionalism of the owners. This is a pristine stable in a fabulous location.
With experienced guides and small guide-to-rider ratios, even novice riders, or those with special needs, will have a wonderful experience. Once you are fitted to a horse, you will begin a lovely ride on these healthy animals. It's just a short ride to the gorgeous bay at Half Moon, famous for the lush land and quiet space. Along the beach, you can catch a glimpse of the dolphins that play in this calm bay, and then swim together with your horse in the cool ocean.
This ride will last approximately 1.5 hours.
- Please wear long pants/jeans, sneakers, and your swimsuit under your clothes. No sandals.
- You will need to take a taxi to the stable. It's about a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the cruise ship pier, and costs approximately $45 each way for 1-4 people. The stable will provide a complimentary return transfer back to the cruise ship pier.
- Disabled riders are welcome. During the checkout process, you can list your special need.
- If surf conditions are too rough for riding in the ocean, a ride along the shore will be substituted.
- Riders must be over 8 years of age and under 230 pounds.
- THIS TOUR IS NOT ADVISABLE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN OR THOSE WITH NECK OR BACK PROBLEMS.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday