Cross this off your bucket list!
This is a beautiful butterfly shaped island and Basseterre has the physical beauty. It is unfortunate that the island is based on the euro which makes it too costly for us to offer anything but shared tours. Put a group together and you will have the best time here!
This activity is unique to few locations in the world. The natural part of this butterfly-shaped island has lush waterfalls, coffee plantations, a dense rain forest, and the opportunity to canyon through it all.
Leaving Pointe a Pitre with your driver, you will enjoy a 30-40 minute ride through the lush countryside. You will be crossing La Riviere Salee, the Salt River, which separates BasseTerre from GrandTerre. Your driver will not be a guide and will not be narrating, but you hardly need that as the scenery tells the story.
Upon your arrival, you will be greeted by a lively team of experts in the canyoning field. Expect something like a baptism in the rain forest's swirling waters as you will be taken to a universe of shadows and lights in perpetual motion.
As you whizz down the various naturally-formed water slides, you are propulsed by the gushing stream of water. Exhilaration is the theme of the moment as you are carried by the current. Out of the corner of your eye, you might be able to admire the attractive glistening rocks that have been polished by the eternal flow of water.
Following the water's course, you will be astounded by the soft, dappled light piercing through the tropical canopy. You will see a myriad of tropical flowers as well as cocoa, coffee plants, and tree ferns all enveloped in a tranquil atmosphere. The sounds are predominately birds singing and water streaming.
You finish feeling accomplished as you agreed to let nature take its course--and you with it!
Back to your starting point you go!
- Please wear waterproof walking sneakers, a swimsuit, and raincoat or poncho.
- We suggest you bring a towel and mosquito repellent.
- This trip is only for groups of at least 15 people. We do not combine people for this trip. Therefore, your group must have at least 15 people traveling together.
- You must be in good physical condition. Pregnant women, people with bad backs or knees, those with asthma, or any chronic disease should not participate.
- Children must be 12 years old minimum and accompanied by a parent or adult over 21 yrs old.
- This tour has a maximum of 25 people.
Days offered: 7 days a week