Close Encounters Of The Dolphin Kind - Hotel Guests OnlyExplore > Bahamas > Nassau > Close Encounters Of The Dolphin Kind - Hotel Guests Only
Interact with the dolphins in their sea water habitat.
I have learned, in the last few months, the difference between the many dolphin experiences that are promoted throughout the Caribbean. Some arrangements break my heart when I see these large mammals in a confined space. Others earn my respect. This company is a member of the Alliance of Marine Mammals Parks and Aquariums, as well as the International Marine Animal Trainers. They work hard at keeping their dolphin family content.
Your heart will be racing as you are directed to one of three swim platforms, which you'll share with about 25 others waiting for a dolphin kiss. Small groups of 10 will enter waist-deep water, where you'll interact with the friendly dolphins--getting a kiss, giving a hug, and watching a playful dance.
Photos will be taken of your dolphin kiss and will be available for purchase after your encounter.
Non-participants may observe those in their party who are taking part in a dolphin program. There is a $30 fee, per observer, for the ferry ride from Paradise Island to Blue Lagoon. This observer fee is payable directly to the ferry and no reservations are necessary.
For an even closer experience with the dolphins, try our SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS excursion.
Purchase the Super Combo w/ Blue Lagoon if you want to combine your dolphin encounter with the Blue Lagoon Beach Day for a special discounted price! After your dolphin encounter, you'll enjoy time at the beach, lunch, and some relaxing beach toys!(See special instructions)You must purchase either the 8:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. tour departure in order to have time to do the dolphin program and enjoy the beach.
- We suggest that you bring along towels, reef-safe sunscreen, and a change of clothes.
-To ensure the safety of the animals, personal cameras, including cell phones or other electronic devices, cannot be used by guests in animal programs.
- Personalized videos ($58) and photos are sold on site. (Visa, MC, and Amex accepted to purchase photos and videos.)
- Non-participants may observe those in their party who are taking part in a dolphin program. There is a $30 fee, per observer, for the ferry ride from Paradise Island to Blue Lagoon. This observer fee is payable directly to the ferry and no reservations are necessary.
-The taxi ride to the check-in spot takes about 15 minutes and costs approximately $5 per person each way. You must arrive at the check-in location 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- Ferries depart the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:45am, 10:15am and 11:45am.
- Ferries depart Blue Lagoon Island for the return to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal at 1:15pm, 2:15pm and 4:15pm.
- The Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day package includes access to the Aqua Park, Tropical Park, inner-tubes, float mats, and noodles.
- Other water activities are available for rent: kayaks $15-$20, aqua bikes $15, snorkeling equipment $20.
- At this time, the trip is only available for hotel guests.
- DO NOT book the 10:15 program unless your ship departs at 3 PM or later.
- DO NOT book the 11:45 program unless your ship departs at 4 PM or later.
- DO NOT book the 1:15 PM program unless your ship departs at 6 PM or later.
- If you are doing the Beach Day combo option, you must purchase either the 8:45 a.m. or 10:15 a.m. tour departure in order to have time to do the dolphin program and enjoy the beach.
- Since most programs sell out, we cannot allow changes in departure time or date. WE GO RAIN OR SHINE! NO REFUNDS FOR BAD WEATHER, UNLESS THE TOUR OPERATOR CANCELS THE PROGRAM. NO REFUNDS IF PERSONS DO NOT MEET REQUIREMENTS OR VIOLATE RESTRICTIONS BELOW.
- Guests ages 3 or younger receive free admission if accompanied in the program by a participating, paying adult (parent or guardian at least 18 years of age).
- Guests ages 4 to 12 pay normal price and must be accompanied by a participating, paying adult.
- Guests 13-17 pay normal price and must be accompanied by an adult observer.
Days offered: 7 days a week