A Sea Lion Encounter - Hotel Guests OnlyExplore > Bahamas > Nassau > A Sea Lion Encounter - Hotel Guests Only
Introducing the new, fun Sea Lion Encounter...a first in the Bahamas!
I have learned, in the last few months, the difference between the many animal experiences that are promoted throughout the Caribbean. Some arrangements break my heart when I see these large mammals in a confined space. Others earn my respect. This company is a member of the Alliance of Marine Mammals Parks and Aquariums, as well as the International Marine Animal Trainers. They work hard at keeping their animal family content.
A first for the Bahamas, this thrilling close encounter with California sea lions promises to be interactive, educational, and entertaining for everyone.
Our Sea Lion Encounter allows guests an opportunity to experience these creatures up-close like never before in our pristine all-natural habitat. Upon arrival, you'll receive a short orientation and then you'll have the chance to kiss, hug, feed, and play with these affectionate and humorous marine mammals and see their habitat as well.
Your sea lion interaction will take place on specially designed, waist-deep water platforms submerged in a calm, private island lagoon with 10 or less guests in each program.
Non-participants may observe those in their party who are taking part in the program by paying $30 for the ferry ride from Paradise Island to Blue Lagoon. This observer fee is payable directly to the ferry and no reservations are necessary.
Purchase the Super Combo w/ Blue Lagoon if you want to combine the Sea Lion Encounter with the Blue Lagoon Beach Day at a special discounted price! You'll enjoy time at the beach, lunch, and some relaxing beach toys! (See special instructions)
- Bring along towels, reef-safe sunblock (no sprays), and a change of clothes.
-To ensure the safety of the animals, personal cameras, including cell phones or other electronic devices, cannot be used by guests in animal programs.
- Personalized videos ($58) and photos are sold on site. (Visa, MC, and American Express are accepted to purchase photos and videos.)
- Ferries depart the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal for Blue Lagoon Island at 10:15am and 11:45am.
- Ferries depart Blue Lagoon Island for the return to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal at 1:15pm, 2:15pm and 4:15pm.
- Non-participants may observe those in their party who are taking part in a dolphin program. There is a $30 fee, per observer, for the ferry ride from Paradise Island to Blue Lagoon. This observer fee is payable directly to the ferry and no reservations are necessary.
- The taxi ride to the check-in spot takes about 15 minutes and costs approximately $5, per person, each way. You must arrive at the check-in location 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- The Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day package includes access to the Aqua Park, Tropical Park, Inner-tubes, Float mats, and Noodles.
- Other water activities are available for rent: Kayaks $15-$20, Aqua Bikes $15, Snorkeling $20
- At this time, the trip is only available for hotel guests.
- DO NOT book the 11:45 program unless your ship departs at 6 PM or later.
- Since most programs sell out, we cannot allow changes in departure time or date.
- WE GO RAIN OR SHINE! NO REFUNDS FOR BAD WEATHER UNLESS THE PROGRAM OPERATOR CANCELS THE PROGRAM. NO REFUNDS IF PERSONS DO NOT MEET REQUIREMENTS OR VIOLATE RESTRICTIONS BELOW.
- Children must be at least 8 years of age or 48 inches tall to participate.
- Children ages 13-17 may participate on their own, but must have an adult present at the facility.
- For safety reasons, this experience is not advisable for pregnant women.
- No cameras are allowed on the platforms.
- Guests must be able to go up and down steps and a ramp to access the platform.
- The facilities are not wheelchair accessible.
Days offered: 7 days a week