Hacienda Guachipelin Active Adventure TourExplore > Costa Rica > Guanacaste > Hacienda Guachipelin Active Adventure Tour
An amazing array of activities await at Hacienda Guachipelin.
Get ready, hold onto your hats and saddle up. It's going to be a fun-filled, action-packed day.
This day-long adventure begins with a pickup at your hotel and a ride of about one and a half hours through town and countryside to get to the wonderful Hacienca Guachipelin, which is both an eco-tourism destination and a working horse and cattle ranch. With rivers criss-crossing the property, waterfalls and thermal hot springs, you will delight in the natural beauty of your surroundings.
Your day pass at the ranch gives you access to a number of activities, ranging from exhilarating to relaxing. You might choose to start off with the eye-opening adrenaline rush of the zip-line canopy tour. For the next 1.5-2 hours, strap on your helmet, buckle your harness and get into the swing of things as you zip, climb and rappel your way along the spectacular White River Canyon. What a blast!
After zip-lining, you might be ready for something a little less intense, perhaps a little horseback riding. Take a leisurely ride to a waterfall in the middle of the jungle, surrounded by the famous Rincon de la Viejas volcano.
Make sure you take a break for lunch, as you will no doubt have worked up quite an appetite by now. The food is fresh and local, some of it grown right at Hacienda Guachipelin. With both traditional and international offerings, you are sure to leave the table full and happy!
Don't forget to save some time for river tubing. You can choose to ride a horse there, or arrive via vehicle. With a mix of quiet pools and and class 2 and 3 rapids, floating through the crystal clear waters of the Rio Negro is a terrific blend of relaxation and excitement.
For total tranquility and a great way to end the day, slip into the calming hot springs of the Rio Negro. Spread on some of the heated volcanic clay to give yourself a "body masque". Surrounded by natural beauty and heated by the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, these healing and therapeutic mineral-rich waters will melt your cares away.
- Bring swimsuit, towel sunblock, sunglasses including a strap to hold glasses on, quick-dry shorts and either river shoes, sneakers or strap-on sandals that are secure. Changing facilities are available.
- Wear or bring long pants and closed-toes shoes if you intend to ride horses.
- All safety gear will be provided and must be worn as instructed by your experienced naturalist guide.
- Price does not include the National Park Entrance fee of $15, which much be paid directly to the park upon arrival.
- There is a minimum of 10 passengers required to operate this trip. If your group has less than 10, contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- Minimum age to participate is 12 years old.
- This tour requires a moderate level of fitness.
- The Rincon de la Vieja National Park is closed on Mondays.
Days offered: 7 days a week