Points of Interest
Blue Lagoon Fiji Princess Cruise
Video #1 of 1
Video copyright Fijian Holdings Ltd.
With more than 50 years experience cruising the Yasawa Islands, we've figured out the winning formula for taking guests to the most beautiful places in Fiji, showcasing the most rewarding activities and giving our guests the best possible experience in the untouched South Pacific!
Blue Lagoon Cruises offer three boutique itineraries, each taking you on a journey into Fiji's spectacular Mamanuca and Yasawa Islands. Sail to uninhabited tropical islands, anchor in private lagoons, spend countless hours lazing on golden beaches and swim, snorkel or dive in clear blue waters.
A maximum 4 hours cruising per day ensures you spend more time exploring onshore and less time on the ship. Visit remote island villages, discover the ancient Fijian culture, sit down to an island feast set on a breathtakingly beautiful beach, swim with manta rays, learn how to cook traditional Fijian dishes, and stop off at the Sacred Islands and Sawa i lau Caves.
Our small ship, Fiji Princess accommodates 68 passengers, meaning our cruises are always personal and friendly, complimented by our 100% Fijian crew. With over 60 years experience cruising the islands of Fiji, Blue Lagoon Cruises know how to show you the best of the South Pacific!
Fiji is a tropical holiday destination where dreams are made. More than 300 perfect little islands form this incredible South Pacific nation, each island offering a unique slice of paradise.
The warm, turquoise lagoons that surround the islands are busy with vibrant coral and fish life and lush coconut trees line the white sandy beaches. The people of Fiji are often said to be the friendliest in the world, with their generous smiles, laid-back nature and cheerful demeanor.
Blue Lagoon Cruises visit the Mamanuca and Yasawa Islands, which are located north-west of Viti Levu, or 'mainland' Fiji. The picturesque Mamanuca Islands are dotted throughout the sparkling sea and are generally tiny in size, but striking in beauty. Their majestic neighbours, the Yasawas, lie just a little further north. These islands form what is arguably some of the world's most spectacular and dramatic island landscapes.
At Blue Lagoon Cruises, we pride ourselves on giving visitors to Fiji the best possible insight into this wonderful pacific island nation.
We believe that to experience the true essence of Fiji, you need to step ashore onto uninhabited islands, luxuriate in the warm tropical sea and discover the colourful world below. Meet local Yasawan villagers, savor traditional Fijian food, enjoy island walks, marvel at the most sacred of caves and of course, bask on the palm-fringed beaches!
Blue Lagoon itineraries have a maximum of four hours cruising time per day, meaning you'll have plenty of time for all these activities and more! Due to the nature of cruising, the scenic vista changes daily, and you'll spend many mornings waking up to a new view, even more spectacular than the last.
The small size of Blue Lagoon Cruises boutique cruise ship, Fiji Princess is just one of the things that makes a cruise with us so special. Accommodating up to 68 passengers and measuring only 179 feet (55 metres) in length, we can access bays and islands that would be impossible to reach in a large ship. We can get so close to shore, that we can tie off a coconut tree and you can swim to the beach! Here are some reasons we love small ship cruising:
- Small ship cruising allows Fiji Princess to tie up to coconut trees during the day. We can explore the lagoons and coves that would be inaccessible to a large vessel.
- With a maximum of 68 guests on Fiji Princess, no matter which beach or island we visit, you won't be overwhelmed by crowds. Most the time, our passengers are the only people on the beach!
- Because of the smaller passenger numbers, we pride ourselves on our personal and friendly Fijian service. We usually operate at a 2 to 1 passenger to staff ratio and everyone is referred to on a first-name basis.
- Small ship cruising offers a very relaxed atmosphere and environment. Because of this, you'll adapt with the greatest of ease to 'Fiji Time'.
- You only need to unpack once but you'll visit numerous islands.
- Our cruises are very casual and informal. There is no need to bring several outfits to wear for evening functions.
- Our passengers often make friends for life, given the social atmosphere of small ship cruising.
- If conditions are rough due to winds and swells, it's easy for us to alter our itinerary to cruise on the sheltered side of the islands.
The excellent on-board amenities include:
- Well-appointed dining saloon
- Shaded sky deck bar and saloon bar
- Sun loungers
- Foyer with boutique
- Senikai Spa
- Swimming pool
- Four sun decks
- Barista coffee machine
- Glass bottom boat at Nanuya Lailai
- Free wifi (available where reception allows)
- Self-service guest laundry
- Transfer Vessels
For transfers between Mamanuca Island resorts and Fiji Princess we use local operater RIBs or similar. These vessels are known for their comfort and sea keeing qualities.